Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

We had a nice Christmas, and we stayed pretty busy for the past week, but I have some pictures I would like to share, and I'll try to re-cap our week the best I can.

We picked up Katie C.'s Chinese sister, Wen, on the night of the 23rd so that she could spend the holidays with the Cannons. Christmas Eve morning, we had a nice brunch with everyone and Wen went home to Spartanburg.


The stockings are hung by the chimney with care! I knitted one last year for our first Christmas together and a second this year.
Jamie went to work that afternoon, but got to leave a few hours early. We went to a candlelight Christmas service at church that evening, which was nice. We got to spend Christmas morning together opening gifts, eating ham biscuits, and watching Home Alone 1 & 2 before Jamie worked that afternoon. I went over to hang out with the DeWeese bunch for the rest of the day.


Saturday, we cooked our roast leg of lamb and then met the Cannons for Holiday Lights at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden.


Sunday, we headed to Spartanburg for dinner and to watch Clemson's bowl game (they won!). Then Monday we took Wen up to Asheville to show her The Biltmore Estate. We enjoyed our trip, but it was very crowded and also very chilly outside!




Tuesday, Jamie took Will and I on a private plane ride for our Christmas gift! It was so neat. We started in downtown Greenville, then flew to Clemson and circled around. We followed the lakes up to Asheville and circled around the Biltmore before we did a few "0-G" drops and headed back to Greenville. We all switched seats mid-flight and so each of us got a turn sitting in the co-pilot's seat and got to fly for a bit. It was a very cool trip!






It's almost time to say goodbye to 2009 and welcome in a new decade, which is hard for me to believe! Best wishes to all our loved ones for peace and happiness in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment