Sunday, April 26, 2009

Update

I wanted to post some highlights from the past month or so, since I haven't been great about updating consistently. We've been getting used to Jamie's new work schedule at the airport, now that has taken effect. His weekend is Mon-Tues. and he works Wed-Thur 2nd shift and Fri-Sun 1st shift. It's not all that bad, it has just taken a bit of getting used to. His job is going well, he is on the floor training and talking to real planes (with a trainer listening in). I've been doing a little freelance landscape design, and I work from home doing that. It has been going well, and I have some work to add to my portfolio. I also have been working part time at the botanical gardens as a school program instructor. So, when schools come to the gardens for field trips, I show them around based on what program they are there for. It is fun, especially with the younger kids (1st-3rd grade) because they are so excited to be there.
Our 1st Anniversary fell on Easter this year. We exchanged cards and Jamie got me some nice flowers, and we went to Spartanburg for Easter dinner that evening. We're thankful for finally feeling like we can settle down a bit now and just enjoy life together! We planted our garden last weekend- we have a lot with a little space, that's for sure. We have a few different types of tomatoes, bell pepper, jalepeno, okra, broccoli, onions, green beans, and of course all of our herbs. Mom G came down last weekend also, so she got to see the beginnings of the garden. We will post pictures soon and update as things start growing!
We have also seen a few concerts in Charlotte, and Jamie has been taking his recorder. This past Friday we went to Avett Brothers and Dave Matthews Band, which of course was a lot of fun. We also really like another "nu-grass" group called Holy Ghost Tent Revival.
Jamie is volunteering at the Quail Hollow Golf Tournament for a few days this week- we had tickets 2 years ago and walked around and saw lots of the big players (Vijay, Tiger, Phil, etc). so who knows, maybe he'll get to talk to some of the golfers while he's there! We have a camping trip to the beach planned for the upcoming weekend. We are going to Murrells Inlet - Huntington Beach St. Park (where we got engaged and have taken several trips together) for 4 nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment