Friday, March 27, 2009

Charleston Trip, etc.

We went to Charleston last weekend to see lots of our friends that we don't see often enough. We also saw another Toubab Krewe show, and it was again lots of fun!

Groovin' to crunchy tunes

Our friends Jay and Linda

We made our way to the front of the crowd for the encore- so fun to watch!

Poogan's Porch, where we had breakfast with Katie F.

We also went to see our friends Jason and Jamie at their house. They have an awesome garden going, and they even have chickens where they get lots of fresh eggs. I wish I had taken some pictures of Jamie holding the chicken by the legs!

We decided that we need to make Charleston trips more often- it's an easy 3 hour drive, and we always have lots to do there. We just got a boat- an inflatable boat (Sea Eagle 9) that will be good for us because we don't need a trailer, and it deflates and can fit in the car. We plan on using it to go fishing in the marsh at the coast, and for fishing around coves in Lake Wylie when we're at home. Stay tuned for pictures of the boat soon!

I also have started two part-time jobs, and they are going well so far. I am doing some contract landscape design for a residential design-build company. I am also teaching classes at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden- right now it's school field trips and they learn different programs about plants. I am doing my first one on Tuesday! Once school is out, I have the option of teaching weekly day camps. It really is fun to work with them in a fun environment like the garden.

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    It has a nice blog.
    Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
    A hug from my country, Portugal

    ReplyDelete