of baby fish! Our blue-tailed guppies reproduced, and I just happened to witness the birth yesterday. Apparently guppies are livebearers, which means they give birth to little tiny fish, rather than laying eggs to reproduce. We don't have our aquarium in order to breed fish, but these seemed special, so we are going to try to raise the 12 of them into grown fish. The other fish were swallowing the babies in one gulp as soon as they started swimming, so I took the mother out and let her have her peace. We now have the babies in a little plastic breeding trap that floats in the aquarium that won't let the big fish get to them. It will be fun to watch them grow and develop, but if the breeding keeps up, we may have to let nature take its course next time...
I tried to get a picture and this was the best I can do.

Here are the parents (blue tails)

Congratulations! I hope you guys are doing well... I just got a new betta and I named him Superman :)
ReplyDelete